Nonprofit organizations face the same types and frequency of claims as any other business. However, non-profit organizations can minimize these risks by having the right type and amount of non-profit insurance. If your organization provides a service and has clients, customers or business partners, you need a quality liability insurance policy. And business insurance for these organizations needs to be comprehensive. Could you face any of these common types of liability risks?
- Slander & Libel: Organizations face slander and libel accusations more often than you might think. If you do not have the right liability insurance in place, you could find your business struggling to overcome claims of slander and libel.
- Professional Liability Claims: Even as a not-for-profit organization, you can have claims made against your organization for the advice or service that you offer to your customers or clients. In other words, you could face claims if what you offer fails to provide the desired results.
- Employee-Related Claims: Your employee may make a claim that is not true. Or you could face liability claims related to an employee who steals the personal information of your client. You need to protect your business from claims involving your employees.
- Employment Liability Risks: Organizations with employees also need insurance in place to protect risks involved with hiring and firing decisions. Employment liability insurance is a risk for most types of not-for-profit organizations.
- Liability Claims Related to Accidents: If you operate a storefront or any type of space in which customers or others doing business with you can visit you, there is a risk that those individuals could fall and become hurt. It's important to protect your risk exposure in these cases.
These are just some of the types of liability risks your non-profit insurance can protect you against. With the right non-profit insurance in place, you can have the financial protections you need to reduce most types of claims and keep your business operational. Work closely with your insurance provider to find policies customized to meet your organization's specific needs. Don't overlook the value of a comprehensive policy.
We'll help protect your interests. Call Full Armor Insurance Services, LLC at (208) 664-6000 for more information on Idaho non-profit insurance.